Wednesday, March 2, 2011

undecided between a PA or an NP?

I am currently in nursing school and biology, and I'm torn between what degree programs to choose from, PA or NP? I've heard things about everyone, so RN, PA, NP, for physicians, PT, and no matter how much research I do, I'm still not sure what is best for me. Is there a clear difference? You need to have greater accountability and capacity than the other? Is more respected? What are the best areas for everyone? The training is so different from another? You need to have the "freedom" more than the other? Originally my plan was always to go to PA school, but wanted a degree in something first to work with then go to graduate school master. Welcome to PA school too much for me as a RN who works at the same time? I think good things about both, and hear horror stories about both, and I do not know what else? Any help is welcome =) The difference depends on your state scope of practice for each profession, which I think the only difference is that PAS is C2 NPS prescribe medicine and can not without additional training, the essential difference between the two nurses along a model of care BB is taught and learned along the medical model (in a program similar to Medical School). Both have as much responsibility as a doctor happens to them, and job freedom is very close. Go Although there is some overlap in products (eg Family Practice), some national parliaments dedicated to specific programs PNP trend (pediatrics) OT OB-GYN (the only practice in this area). PA is trained in all family practice and then specialize later, either staying or through on-job training. AP Sun is often used in surgical specialties, ER, cardiology, surgery, I recommend observing every day or two, also factor in what specialty you prefer. Check the website for the official AAPA PA to read a magazine for a glimpse into the workplace, etc. Jaap (Journal of the American Academy of PA). You will not be able to work as a nurse in NO or PA school (maybe a weekend) - it is too strict and time consuming .

0 comments:

Post a Comment